Shisbaraq A.K.A “Sopa de Sombreritos” or “Soup of Little hats” is a recipe form the Middle East that is based on a stew with cubes concentrated with meat (Lamb or cow). Making this dish is a very long process, but, at the same time, a straightforward recipe to prepare for the whole family.
Like the many dishes from the middle east, besides this one been delicious, this one is a rare dish since most of the middle eastern restaurants don’t serve it. This dish can be found in Palestine, Jornania, Syria, and many other countries in the middle east.
This recipe has been taught in my family for many generations. As long as I remember this method, it was always prepared by my grandmother. Every time that I come to her house or at family events. This is how my family prepares it, and I hope you like it and make it a tradition in your family.
- 3 or 4 garlic glove
- 1/2 kg Ricotta (Type of Cheese)
- 1kg of regular flour
- 1 tablespoon of curry
- 2 1/2 cup of warm water with salt
- 1/2 kg ground beef or ground lamb
- 3 onions chopped
- Salt, pepper, and cumin
How to make the dough:
- The first thing to do is to combine the flour, warm water, and salt to make a soft dough.
- Later flatten into a fragile dough and cut circularly with a cup of coffee or small cup.
- Either ground beef or lamb, you seasoned with salt, pepper, and cumin. Combining with onions, you got your self a raw pine of meat or lamb.
- Next, place in the center of each circle 1 teaspoon of raw pine, fold them like a dumpling, and then join the edges of the ends, forming a small hat.
How to make the stew:
This is the easiest part of this dish, and that is to make the stew.
- With the ricotta, you combine with 1 cup of warm water and curry in a blender.
- The Mix that you have in the blender put it in a pot and leave it to boil.
- When the boil is released, add the hats one by one and cook over in low heat for 20 min.